Import Restrictions Finalised on Fentanyl-Related Substances
29 October 2019
The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued final orders including the following synthetic opioids into schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act along with their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters and ethers.
- cyclopropyl fentanyl (N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylcyclopropanecarboxamide)
- methoxyacetyl fentanyl (2-methoxy-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylacetamide)
- ortho-fluorofentanyl (N-(2-fluorophenyl)-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)propionamide)
- para-fluorobutyryl fentanyl (N-(4-fluorophenyl)-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)butyramide)
These orders continue the administrative, civil and criminal sanctions and regulatory controls applicable to schedule I substances under the CSA on the importation, exportation, manufacture, distribution, reverse distribution, possession, research and conduct of instructional activities, and chemical analysis of these substances.
- Medical Supplies & Medicine
- North America