China Opens Draft Foreign Investment Law Up to Public Consultation
12 February 2019
The Foreign Investment Law of the People’s Republic of China (Draft) is open for public consultation until 24 February.
The proposed legislation covers a wide range of issues, including:
- Equal treatment of domestic and foreign enterprises
- Full implementation of pre-establishment national treatment on a negative list basis
- The legal incorporation of measures for actively attracting overseas-sourced investment
- The further streamlining of the regulations relating to overseas-sourced investment
- Moves to accelerate wider alignment with international investment regulatory norms
The legislation was originally submitted to the seventh session of the 13thNational People’s Congress Standing Committee for review as of the end of 2018.
For further details (in Chinese), please access the following links: