Promoting closer collaboration between cultural, creative and design industries
10 February 2014
Premier Li Keqiang earlier chaired a State Council executive meeting to make plans for the collaborative development of cultural and creative industries, design services and related industries.
The meeting pointed out that cultural and creative industries and design services have high value-added and intellectual property value and low consumption and pollution. Relying on innovation to boost the development of cultural and creative industries, design services and other new and high-end services and promote their collaboration with the relevant industries is an important aspect of economic restructuring. It will contribute to the improvement of the quality of products and services in meeting the diverse demands of the masses, as well as lead to the emergence of new business formats, boost employment and promote the transformation and upgrade of industries.
The meeting decided on policies and measures for the collaborative development of cultural and creative industries, design services and related industries.
1. Strengthen the intellectual property rights protection of creative works and designs, improve the mechanism of incentives, promote collaboration between industry, academia, research and application, enliven intellectual property rights transactions, and create a good environment for protecting and encouraging innovation and better realising the value of creative and design achievements.
2. Implement the plan for fostering cultural, creative and design talents and support a new model of human resources cultivation that gives due consideration to academic education and vocational training and combines creative design with market management so that more talents can find ways to distinguish themselves.
3. Following the prevailing market conditions, efforts should be made to encourage the growth of micro, small and medium-sized creative and design enterprises, guide private capital to invest in cultural and creative industries and provision of design services, establish centres for creative industries and design, and give foreign capital access to the architectural design services market.
4. Highlight the green, energy saving and environmental protection theme and promote the industrialisation of creative designs in the green, energy conservation and environmental protection industries by giving them a stronger boost, such as perfection of standards and increase in government green procurement.
5. Perfect relevant supporting policies and provision of financial services, make good use of funds for cultural industry development projects, and promote the vigorous development of cultural and creative industries and design services.
- Mainland China
- Mainland China