Since the beginning of 2018, the United States has made multiple announcements on tariff increases for Chinese imports.
To help you keep up-to-date with the latest developments and find out more on available support and resources, below is some key information which could be of use for companies from Hong Kong or doing business with or through Hong Kong.
Please check in often for the latest updates and regulatory alerts, or subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter.
2) What are the major product categories affected by the implemented 301 tariffs?
3) What are the major product categories covered by the other two proposed 301 tariff lists?What are the major product categories c
4) What does this mean for Hong Kong trade?
5) How will this affect me?
The tariffs will basically affect all businesses, but to a greater extent those more involved in the trade of tariff-affected goods.
6) What can I do to cope with these US trade measures?
Hong Kong companies can consider several strategies:
7) What are the tariff measures from the Chinese mainland?
8) Where can I seek further assistance?
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government and other organisations have offered extra support to Hong Kong companies, ranging from setting up a one-stop service platform, to enhancements to the funding schemes and credit-check services.
9) How can the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) help?
For over 50 years, the HKTDC has been supporting Hong Kong companies in navigating the seas of global trade and grasping new business opportunities, and below are some aspects where we can help:
10) Where can I get further information?
Timely updates and reliable information are available from the following sources:
Latest articles on US trade are available through our Research portal
Note: The information provided is subject to change. You are advised to check with the original source of the information. The HKTDC does not bear responsibility for the information provided by third-party websites. testtesttest